Does my homeowners insurance cover damage to my yard if an accident occurs?

The agents at Com-Co Insurance Agency Inc. make themselves available to homeowners who live in the Arlington Heights and Mount Prospect, IL area if they need advice or information concerning what their policies cover. Accidents can happen at any time and when it comes to landscaping, it can be extremely costly. If an accident damages your lawn or your landscaping, who exactly is responsible? While your homeowners may cover certain types of damage, you will more than likely have to work with the insurance company of the vehicle who caused the damage.

Car Accidents

When a car accident occurs in front of your home and causes damage to your yard, fencing, or landscaping, the cost to repair or replace damaged items will be the at-fault driver’s responsibility. If the driver does not have insurance, you may have to turn the cost over to your insurance company who will then seek damages from the individual. To know if you are fully covered, you will have to discuss your policy with your agent.

Protecting Your Property

If you want to protect your property, you may want to consider installing a barrier or some type of fencing around the perimeter of your property. While it may not completely keep your property from being damaged, it will prevent the vehicles from making their way into your yard.

If you are curious to find out what types of accident damage your homeowner’s policy covers, call the agents at Com-Co Insurance Agency Inc. today. Residents who live in the Mount Prospect, IL area can call and schedule a consultation or review whenever they have questions or concerns about their existing policy.