Whether you have owned a vehicle in the Mount Prospect, IL area for some time or you are a new driver, one of the biggest concerns you probably have is making sure that you have the proper auto insurance coverage. In Illinois, it is illegal to drive without the state minimum requirements for your coverage. If you fail to have this auto insurance, you can end up paying a lot in fines an even lose your license. However, you can easily get set up with the right amount of coverage from policies you can get with Com-Co Insurance Agency Inc.
How Much Auto Insurance Do You Need?
In order to remain compliant and not get into any legal trouble, you need to have the following coverages for your auto insurance:
- $20,000 in coverage for bodily injury per person and per accident
- $40,000 in coverage for bodily injury for all persons per accident
- $15,000 in coverage for property damage liability
- $20,000/$40,000 in coverage for uninsured motorist for bodily injury
- $25,000/$50,000 of underinsured motorist coverage
- $15,000 in coverage with a $250 deductible for uninsured motorist property damage
It is important to note that these are the current state minimum requirements. However, these minimum requirements can change at any time, so it is always a good idea to verify with your insurance provider that you are still compliant at least every six months that you are covered.
The state minimums are the lowest amount of coverage that you should have for your auto insurance policy. However, you may decide that you need to have more coverage or would like to have more. Either way, we can help you find the perfect policy here at Com-Co Insurance Agency Inc., serving Glenview and Mount Prospect, IL. We can provide you with a free quote and can even make sure that it fits within your budget. Be sure to reach out to us today to learn more and get started!